Friday, January 26, 2007

Hi everyone,
I'm now in Newcastle after a 23 hour trip! I'm living right now with a friend that I worked with in Victoria, and he and all his friends are showing me the ropes of Newcastle. I stayed at his parents for the first couple days and enjoyed home cooked meals, a private pool, and great company! It's definately not what I expected backpacking to feel like, but no complaining!
I experienced true Oz last night, we went out of Australia day and saw the lively city celebrate their country. I have enjoyed the beaches, food, people and the sun :) I have no plans set out so in a couple days I could end up in the North, I'm just going day to day! I'm getting more used to their accent, when I first got here I would have to think of what they were saying before I could answer, but it's getting easier and easier.
I just wanted to let everyone know that I arrived safetly and that it has been great fun the last few days! Hope everyone is well back home!
Love Kira

3 comments:

Bob, Gail, Curtis, Jayne and Lauren said...

Hi Kira from the Davies family in Ottawa. We look forward to following your adventures through your blog. We've subscribed, so we won't miss anything :)
Have a great trip.

Bob, Gail, Curtis, Jayne and Lauren said...

ps.. we'll be showing the kids on Google Earth where you are, so they can follow you along :)

mom/lori said...

g'day, eh! can you read the accent too? :)

glad to hear you're becoming immersed and used to the culture quickly

we have a beautiful sunny victoria day and my smile today was driving by a senior, riding his bike, with a cockatoo on his shoulder. i thought of you and how you would have loved that too :)

you'll get to see more exotic birds there. note that the seagulls are actually petite and cute there compared to here :)

cheers mate (dtr)...love as always
mom xo