Thursday, March 8, 2007

I'm sorry for the lack of postings in the last month, but I am still alive and loving Australia. I'm finally settled in Melbourne and school is two weeks in. I'm doing full time units, all of which are psychology courses and will transfer back towards my degree. I love the classes so far. For each class there is also a two hour tutorial every other week and it gives the students an opportunity to get to know the professor and other students and become more interative with the material and others in the class. Student life is awesome, lots of partying and of course some studying :) I have met so many intelligent, diverse, outgoing people and will definately make some life long friends from it.
Last weekend I took a 4 day trip up to Sydney to visit a friend from Canada, and toured around there. Went to Gay Mardi Gras, which is the largest gay festival in the world! Very interesting, but a lot of fun! I climbed to Pylon lookout on the Harbour Bridge and saw amazing views of the city. Walked around Circular Quay, where the bridge and Opera house are. Probably the most amazing sights I've seen in the last month..haha I got some sun when I visited Bondi beach, but it rained when I took the ferry to Manly beach, but overall the experience was very good and I definately hope to go back to Sydney before my travels are up.
Melbourne was definately an excellent place to come to study. The city is beautiful, the people are so friendly and there are endless things to do and see. I have been to a play, which my friend Nick was in, visited very lively bars and pubs, walked along the Yarra River, went to a movie in the Botanical Gardens called moonlight cinemas. It's a huge screen set up in the park and you just bring a blanket and sit on a hill and watch. They start the movie as the sun goes down, and it overlooks the city lights, and has a very peaceful feel to it!
Tonight I will be going to my first footy game which I can't wait! It is a mix between rugby, football and soccer, but a lot more rough! It is just a pre season game but should be a good one!
I have many more pictures to post when I get a chance! Hope to get to it soon, but with all the studying I'm doing I have a lot less time on my hands...hehe I wish...
anyways, I'm enjoying life, and loving Australia just as I thought I would. I hope everyone is well back home. I miss everyone a lot and think about you all in my travels!
Lots of love from Melbourne
Kira xoxo

1 comment:

Greg Goodwin said...

Great to hear of all your travels and fun, nice also to hear that studies are going well :)). Thanks for the catch-up, look forward to more.