Monday, March 19, 2007

So another awesome weekend has passed! Some Canadian friends of mine are here backpacking for the next few weeks, so I've been living the tourist life for the last couple days. This week was the Melbourne Formula 1, Grand Prix (car racing) for those who are not familiar with it. I got a free ticket on Saturday and went with Nicole, Crystal, and Kirsten (Canadian girl friends) for the day and watched car races in beautiful weather. The races were held at Albert Park which is in St. Kilda, and has a lake in the middle of the track. It was gorgeous to hang out there all day, plus it is definately a male sporting event so there were guys galore :) we were in heaven...haha After the races there was a concert on the grounds, and Wolfmother was playing. They are an Australian band but have become really popular in North America and have just finished playing with Guns and Roses. Wolfmother played for an hour, so we just got to drink beer, dance and watch people crowd surf, although I was pretty close to doing it myself. I got hoisted on Nick's shoulders for a bit so I got the best view in the house! So that was my St. Patty's day, didn't wear any green but the spirit was definately there! Afterwards we went for beers and had an early night.
I know you all will love what I did Sunday! Nick invited me LAWN BOWLING :) and amazingly I had the best time ever! haha It was organized by one of his friends, so there were 15 of us, and we got lessons and played a few games. I'm pretty impressed with all the old people that play it cause its not an easy game...it was good fun, bowling and drinking beer in the sun! Afterwards we went out for a group dinner, chatted about the win, and going back to do the same thing in 50 years to compare our pictures! haha that would be a sight. "
That night I met up with the Canadians and there UK friend Neil who they are staying with in Mlebourne on Brunswick st. It's a cool, artsy part of the city with very trendy looking people. We sat at a bar called the Black Cat which was filled with couches and lounge chairs inside and drank beer while enjoying the atmosphere!
Now I'm in the computer lab attempting to get some work done, since weekends I can just write them off pretty much. I have three shifts at work this week, but they are very unreliable when they call, but I'm still glad I'm making a little bit of money while I'm here! So life is great, friends are awesome, and studies are good! I hope everyone at home is happy and healthy....I hope to get some pictures posted soon so watch out for those :) Talk to everyone soon
Lots of Love
kira

No comments: