Monday, August 27, 2007

Ko Pha Ngan

Aug 27 The day of Travel
I left Phi Phi island on the 9am ferry and arrived at my bungalow in Ko Phangan at 9pm. I ran into some amazing people I had met camping at Maya beach on the ferry and we chatted and sat together....go figure they are all Melbournians :) (Erika, Suzy, Tomas and Diana). The trip went by so fast just hanging out and we planned to meet up that night to scope out Hat Rin where the full moon party will be held the next night.
I arrived at my bungalow to find out they didn't have my booking that I had made almost 2 weeks prior. I knew everything else on the island would be booked because of this party but I didn't let it get to me. They had one hut open for that night so they let me stay there but I was kicked out the next morning...
I didn't let that ruin my night. By this time I was so excited to get to Hat Rin I dropped my bags, changed my clothes and hitched a ride with a group that were going to Thong Sala to watch a Thai boxing match. I flagged down another cab from Thong Sala and I met up with the Aussies in Hat Rin Nok-Sunrise beach and we started the night off with a bucket (Sangsom-Thai Whiskey, coke and redbull). I only need one of those and it does me for the entire night. We found a sweet bar called Cactus on the beach and ended up dancing until 4am. We had such a blast together we didnt know where the time went. We met a few Thai guys that offered us a ride home, so we accepted and hit the pillow hard as soon as we all got back...I let the girls know what happened with my accomodation and they offered for me to stay at there place as long as I needed which worked out perfectly because I knew the next night at the full moon party none of us would be sleeping anyways!
I got dropped off by those two Thai guys after we dropped off the rest of the crew and I went straight for my hammock that is hung on my balcony and overlooks the ocean and beach over a cliff. I was so tired but it was so beautiful I couldn't shut my eyes. I eventually went to bed and in the morning got up bright and early and sat in the hammock again. The feeling of lying in it with the sounds of the waves crashing, the birds chirping and the ocean view over the cliff is so perfect I think I found my paradise!

No comments: